You will be guided along the trail by one of our Mi’kmaq cultural interpreters who will take you to visit several villages, each one offering a unique experience to learn and partake in this way of life.
Discover authentic Mi’kmaq culture along our picturesque 2.4 KM trail on Goat Island in Eskasoni. The island hugs the beautiful Bras d’Or Lake, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
- Take part in a smudging ceremony
- Learn to make four cents cake over an open fire
- Learn the art of basketry
- Learn and join in our traditional dance
- Speak to our trading post merchant
- Play the ancient game of Waltes
- Learn about hunting and fishing techniques.
Top this all off with a traditional snack of luskinigan and tea!